Benefits of instant noodles and their side effects
Benefits of instant noodles Instant noodle products are usually packaged in plastic wrap or by using a cup or glass. Where seasonings are usually packaged in separate places. This product was originally discovered by Momofuku Ando from Nissin Food in Japan in 1958 with the trademark Chickin Ramen. The main ingredient of this product is dried noodles made from flour, palm oil and salt. As for the flavoring seasoning is a mixture of salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, and several other seasonings. Currently instant noodles have been marketed throughout the world in various brands.
Substances in Instant Noodles
Instant noodles are often referred to as unhealthy foods or junk food. That's because in one single portion of instant noodles contain lots of carbohydrates and fats, but the content of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients is very low. For that, when we want to consume instant noodle products, we need to add some ingredients such as vegetables, eggs, meat, and other ingredients that can help to meet the nutritional needs in the body.
Although it is considered a processed product that includes junk food, instant noodles have several benefits, such as
1. More practical
The benefits of instant noodles to consume them do not require a long time in the process of serving. For those who are busy, they don't need to worry when they are hungry, because instant noodles can be used as an alternative choice to prop up the stomach.
2. As an energy source
The calorie content in instant noodle products can help meet the energy needs of one's body. Eating instant noodles can help someone to feel full when hungry. But the thing to remember is this is not a staple food that can be consumed at any time. Because as we know before that instant noodles contain large amounts of calories with a fairly low nutritional value.
3. Can be enjoyed by anyone
The existence of instant noodles is something that can be enjoyed by anyone, including people from low economic levels. This is because the price of affordable instant noodles.
4. Has a variety of flavors
One of the things that makes the benefits of instant noodles as one of the choices of consumption is because it has a variety of flavors offered. Lots of instant noodle products that have been circulating lately with a variety of flavors that arouse the tastes of consumers.
Side effects of Instant Noodles
As we have seen before, instant noodles are products that contain more calories and fat. While the nutritional content is very minimal, even almost none. For this reason, health experts strongly recommend avoiding consuming this product too often. Some of the health side effects of consuming instant noodles include:
1. Malnutrition - Eating instant noodles can inhibit the ability to absorb nutrients, especially in children under 5 years. This will have an impact on health problems, especially the problem of malnutrition.
2. Cancer - According to the international health agency (WHO) states that styrofoam or polystyrene which is commonly used to package instant noodles is one of the ingredients that can trigger cancer.
3. Miscarriage - According to research, women who often consume instant noodles during pregnancy have a higher risk for miscarriage, because the content in this product can affect fetal development.
4. Disorders of the body's metabolism - The content of toxic chemicals such as food coloring, preservatives, and other additives in instant noodles that accumulate in the body when consuming instant noodles in the long run can affect the body's metabolism.
5. Digestion problems - Regular consumption of instant noodles can cause several disorders in the digestive system such as flatulence, constipation, and other digestive disorders.
6. Obesity - Instant noodles are one of the products that are believed to be the main causes of obesity. This is because the fat and sodium content in instant noodles can cause fluid retention in the body. For that, it is very necessary to avoid consuming instant noodles too often.
Instant noodles are processed products that can be categorized as fast food and junk food. This is because instant noodles contain a lot of salt, MSG, fat, calories, and some preservatives. And various health experts have stated that this type of food should not be consumed too often, because in addition to containing these chemicals, instant noodles are also considered to have no nutritional content needed for the body.
To avoid the possible side effects of consuming instant noodles, it is better if we limit the consumption of this product.