Comparison between the concept of a single portal with multiple portals
SINGLE PORTAL ADVANTAGES:
1. Facilitate stakeholders (customers, investors, regulators, suppliers) and the public to access information and conduct transactions with the company
2. Easy to maintain, because maintenance is focused on one particular unit.
3. Information is more centralized and standardized
MULTI PORTAL ADVANTAGES
1. Portal management is simpler, because it is managed by related units
2. There will be no cannibalization between existing portals.
3. Expanding the scope of management of the portal to develop online services to customers.
PORTAL SINGLE LACKS:
1. Can turn off other portals such as product portals and communities.
2. Requires a lot of effort development and maintenance.
3. Enhancing the complexity of managing the corporate portal
4. difficulty in identifying customers who log in to the corporate portal
MULTI PORTAL LACKS
1. The lack of uniformity in the preparation of information, because each portal has a different layout.
2. Difficult for stakeholders and the public to access information and conduct transactions with companies
3. Non-uniformity in the development of online services, because each manager can develop their own olnie services.
4. Information overlapping occurs between the corporate portal and the product portal
SOLUTION TO PORTAL SINGLE LACKS
1. By using an online account management in the form of a federated identity, identification difficulties will be overcome.
2. The problem of management complexity, can be solved by forming a team (matrix team) consisting of various existing units.
SOLUTION TO MULTI PORTAL LACKS
1. To prevent cannibalization, each portal that is already in a different position
2. Implement a clear SOP for each portal so that there is uniformity in the presentation of information and service development.